Baby Freedom Rangers

DUH. I MEANT "I might have to do them 4-5 WEEKS, I guess"

Oh, nono no, that's too big. I need a dressed weight of 1 - 1.25 lbs, no bigger. I might have to do them 4-5 lbs, I guess. Good thing I have a scale, huh?

You're gonna be culling quick then. I'm guessing when they weigh 2 pounds they will
dress out at 1. I'll be super curious to see pics and hear how they turn out.​

I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings...
tongue.png

======================================
Andrew
http://www.marijuanaaddictiontreatment.com

Quote:
I have 97 left, all for me. And I'm heartless, mwahahaha. OK, that's easy to say, I've never processed yet.

For the little delicacy type bird I've got 35 quail in a cage and a lot more eggs coming.

I'm sticking to chickens for now (plus the scovies to work on the bug problem). I'm having 30 or so people for thanksgiving, though, and wanted to impress them with poussin. 97 minus 10 for Carress (here on BYC) and 10 for my breeder gives me 77 minus 40 (for argument's sake) still leaves me 37. If I'm having someone process for me, I may have as many as 50 at once, so I might have only 27 left for chicken size.

We also have an order of 50 CC's coming tomorrow. I can see myself culling those young just to get rid of them. We ordered them just to compare Joel's birds with
a hatchery Cornish X. The Rangers have already won the battle.
smile.png

HAHAHAHA! Yes, I heard I'd have the Cornish X, so I decided to primarily do the rangers, but ordered 3 Cornish X for comparison's sake. Even if they're smelly and stupid, how bad could 3 be?​

You haven't culled yet??? Oh you don't know what you're missing.​

Quote:
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

Good passage Andrew.
wink.png

Culled or processed? We came close to having to cull an injured one but the ducks trampled him for me. As for processing, my meat birds are only two weeks old. I won't have to process for at least two weeks yet. Eeeeeeeeek.

Quote:

Quote:

Just so I'm understanding this, you have never processed a chicken or you just
haven't processed any of your Rangers? I'm a little slow sometimes.
wink.png

I've never done NUFFIN! My *ONLY* avian experience is the last 12 days. I never even raised so much as a parakeet before last week! Don't even ask about killing (whether for humane reasons or for lunch), that's waaaaay outta my experience.

I was supposed to trade 10 power rangers for a lesson processing Thursday but my breeder (errr, not MY breeder, but the breeder I buy from) has bronchitis and a sinus infection, so we had to reschedule. Then I can say I've Done It.

Quote:

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Good for you!!! You're jumping right in feet first, or maybe head first.

Where in NY are you. We are culling and processing a few on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom