Baby geese

razvanM

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 14, 2012
I am plaing ordering some hortobágyi fehér lúd as I live close to Hungary,those are are a very hardy,large goose that can weigh up to 6-8 kg dressed.I know this because few people in my region tried raising them and told me how big they can get.I am planning ordering them in march.I am raising geese for a long time and mine always hatch their goslings in april and they raise them.But I wonder if it isnt too cold in march for the baby geese.How long do you think I should use a heating lamp,and at wich age can I let them out.Are baby geese sensitive to cold ? if you want to see this breed check those videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ludzrt?feature=watch

I am plaing ordering some hortobágyi fehér lúd as I live close to Hungary,those are are a very hardy,large goose that can weigh up to 6-8 kg dressed.I know this because few people in my region tried raising them and told me how big they can get.I am planning ordering them in march.I am raising geese for a long time and mine always hatch their goslings in april and they raise them.But I wonder if it isnt too cold in march for the baby geese.How long do you think I should use a heating lamp,and at wich age can I let them out.Are baby geese sensitive to cold ? if you want to see this breed check those videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ludzrt?feature=watch
Goslings if not raised by their mothers will need supplemental heat until fully feathered. and until fully feathered they will need to be kept inside a brooder , on nice warm days they could be outside for short periods of time. Baby geese are sensitive to cold. The geese remind a little of Embden. do they have blue eyes?

Well last year I bought some bany gosling in april and reared them outside with no mother and they growed up just fine,so I dont think those will nedd too much head maybe only in the first 2 weeks.And yes they have blue eyes.Even the romanian geese(a small autosexing breed) that I raise have blue eyes.

Well last year I bought some bany gosling in april and reared them outside with no mother and they growed up just fine,so I dont think those will nedd too much head maybe only in the first 2 weeks.And yes they have blue eyes.Even the romanian geese(a small autosexing breed) that I raise have blue eyes.
Interesting, please post pics once you get your goslings, I'd love to see them.

Back
Top Bottom