Baby goose

It’s hard to say without seeing the video but it looks like your gosling is suffering a nuerological disease, it could be a virus or a bacteria that’s causing this, there are a few that will do this to ducks that I know of, I’m not sure if it can affect geese but there’s a possibility.

Bacterial infections needed to be treated quickly, if you can get your gosling to the vet that’s the best chance you’re going to have of saving him.

Also I’m also wondering if this could be another gastrointestinal issue that might be causing malabsorption of the feed and vitamins which will cause symptoms like this. Honestly I’m just grasping at whatever I can guess at, I think a vet would be the best option if it is possible for them to go to one, considering what I’ve seen here, I think they need a bit more than we’re able to offer, all things considered.

Almost forgot, the virus I was wondering about was duck plague, it can cause ataxia, though I’m not sure if geese can get it, there isn’t a lot of information of what geese can and can’t get and I’ve found conflicting things about a few different viruses so it’s anyone’s guess I suppose.

Iv been holding back on saying anything on this post but thought I should finally share my 2 cents.
This is the first year I have ever put down a hatching for similar reasons. had no problem eating and growing just couldn't get its legs under it.
I do think I know the reason after a few more hatches.
The egg was from one of my young girls all but 3 of her eggs quite in the incubator around day 15. 2 made it to full hatch at the time I thought young goose.
But when the 2nd made it to hatch 4 weeks ago it also had a problem. Just could not grow and shook allot like it was always cold. He is outside with mama and her new brood hanging in there but still tiny, his life will be short. Hopefully Happy.
It is from to much interbreeding or a heath issue in her past in my opinion and his moms eggs will not be hatched again. She has been on the same feed same pasture same water as all of the flock but this issue is just with her eggs,
I really care for what you are going through. But what I want to say is its not always what we did some problems are just genetic, Sometimes its just a one time thing but in the case of my goose its a continuing pattern.
By the way the goose Im referring to has had a bad ankle since she was a baby

Last edited:
It’s hard to say without seeing the video but it looks like your gosling is suffering a nuerological disease, it could be a virus or a bacteria that’s causing this, there are a few that will do this to ducks that I know of, I’m not sure if it can affect geese but there’s a possibility.

Bacterial infections needed to be treated quickly, if you can get your gosling to the vet that’s the best chance you’re going to have of saving him.
I need help quickly I don't have poultry vets here...(geese)...I need to know of someone who can send him the videos and tell me what to do, he's already 17 days old...and I've given him all the vitamins and minerals..and no improvement.

I need help quickly I don't have poultry vets here...(geese)...I need to know of someone who can send him the videos and tell me what to do, he's already 17 days old...and I've given him all the vitamins and minerals..and no improvement.
What website are you trying to upload it to? Is it YouTube? Is it Instagram? Is it Vimeo?

Back
Top Bottom