Baby goose

Pics

Katy70

In the Brooder
May 14, 2022
Hi, I'm new but I need help with my 4-day-old baby goose...I helped him out...and he's never walked well, he's unbalanced...he turns upside down...he tries to sit up...he walks 2 steps or runs and he turns around again.. he eats very well, he drinks a lot of water and also great energy.. I need help

What feed are you giving him?

Waterfowl need more B vitamins than other birds, often feed formatted for chicks isn’t enough for gosling or ducklings and issues like this “vitamin deficiency symptoms” can appear. Sometimes even the right feed doesn’t always have the right concentration so supplementation is needed.

If you can find a liquid B complex and a liquid multivitamin start adding a few drops to his mouth a few times a day.

If you are in the U.S durvet liquid B complex and Poultry Nutri-drench are good sources, the durvet B vitamins will say injectible but it can be swallowed too.

Nuerological issues are typically a sign of too little vitamin E and B vitamins like niacin, thiamin, and pyridoxine, other vitamin or nutrient issues like not enough protein can cause issues too.

What feed are you giving him?

Waterfowl need more B vitamins than other birds, often feed formatted for chicks isn’t enough for gosling or ducklings and issues like this “vitamin deficiency symptoms” can appear. Sometimes even the right feed doesn’t always have the right concentration so supplementation is needed.

If you can find a liquid B complex and a liquid multivitamin start adding a few drops to his mouth a few times a day.

If you are in the U.S durvet liquid B complex and Poultry Nutri-drench are good sources, the durvet B vitamins will say injectible but it can be swallowed too.

Nuerological issues are typically a sign of too little vitamin E and B vitamins like niacin, thiamin, and pyridoxine, other vitamin or nutrient issues like not enough protein can cause issues too.
HelloHello, I live in Florida in the United States. Thank you very much for your advice. I'm going to buy it right now. on its side and sometimes it stays upside down, it's the only one I have and I want to help you... thank you very much... if you can continue helping me I would appreciate it... good day

hello, my goose is 15 days old, this big strong one eats very well and drinks water, I give him all his vitamins twice a day. but he still can't stop and falls constantly either upside down or on his wings... any other recommendations??

Attachments

• 20220524_203112.jpg
    20220524_203112.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 3
If you decide to make sling make it so the gosling feet touch the floor enough that it can push up enough to be exercising those leg muscles. You don't want it to be able to push up enough it comes out of the sling just enough that it can use the legs to exercise . Other than that and taking the gosling to an avian vet for an evaluation I am not sure what else you can do.
@DuckyDonna
Si se lo voy hacer..muy buena idea

Back
Top Bottom