Baby Mallard Duckling

TheChipotle

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 29, 2014
First off, I bought this baby Mallard Duckling yesterday. They said she was a week old. The first day I got her, she would not let me touch her. Today, day 2, she sleeps on my shoulders but is completely afraid of my hands. If I try to pick her up she runs away. I don't think she imprinted on me. She does not follow me around or cuddle. All she does is sit on my shoulder.

Is it too late? She is 8 days old and I've had her for 2 days and she is still scared.

First off, I bought this baby Mallard Duckling yesterday. They said she was a week old. The first day I got her, she would not let me touch her. Today, day 2, she sleeps on my shoulders but is completely afraid of my hands. If I try to pick her up she runs away. I don't think she imprinted on me. She does not follow me around or cuddle. All she does is sit on my shoulder.

Is it too late? She is 8 days old and I've had her for 2 days and she is still scared.

it probably is too late, but, i bet if you get a male duck, you can hatch 1 or2 and maybe, maybe theyll imprint on you.

Aww, give her time. Also, try putting a stuffed animal in with her and a unbreakable mirror. Those might help make her more comfortable. She must be lonely.

I think she is too old to imprint on you, but she can still end up being a very friendly duck if you spend time with her. I have a mallard I got when he was an adult and he still follows me around. Just hold her and make sure she sees who feeds her and she should end up being friendly. :D

I think she is too old to imprint on you, but she can still end up being a very friendly duck if you spend time with her. I have a mallard I got when he was an adult and he still follows me around. Just hold her and make sure she sees who feeds her and she should end up being friendly.
big_smile.png
that is right. you need to be freindly to her, and maybe soon she'll love you. she wont imprint on you but you can still be friends
ya.gif

Like everyone said, it is too late to imprint, but she can still love you! Also, don't pick her up. Usually after time they will hop up on your lap themselves. My ducks dont like Handling and crowding. They like to do things on their own terms. Hope this helps! Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom