BABY MICE...UPDATE!

Wild mice like the ones you have almost always have various forms of diseases. For your sake and theirs' don't handle them. Try and find a spot outside where you can put them but still feed and monitor them. Make a nest out of hay and put the nest(and mice) in this protected place you find. Continue to feed them. If they are going to make it this is all you can do for them.

I work on generators and come across mice almost daily. Many people use poisons to control them but it's almost useless. It kills the animals slowly and also kills other animals, like birds, when the poisoned mice get eaten.

Mice can be a real pest but they are living creatures just trying to survive. I refuse to kill them. Best of luck on your litter.

One last thing: I have found the most effective thing to battle mice with are Bounce dryer sheets. The mice hate the smell and stay away. Crazy huh? It works.

mouse.jpg

:eek: WOW!!! Thanks for all the input guys! SC, I looked at the article and, OMG, I don't think I can be THAT dedicated!!! Sadly, these little guys are looking worse and worse and I don't have much hope for them. I'll let you know what happens.

I've told you all that my boss is an idiot....
roll.png

We've had 2 pregnant "male" rats because he didn't check for extra parts...
The one I found looked strange so I picked it up and turned it over and no "extras" but it had big boobs...I then took another look at his tummy and was like, Oh CRap! So took her out, put her on my shoulder and took her out back. Within 15 she was having babies...she wound up having a baker's dozen...Even though she must've been in pain with contractions she let me pick her up and look her over and didn't even try to bite.

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
They're all still alive and kickin'!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Went to the pet store today and bought a bigger container and some vitamin fortified food since it looks like they're going to make it after all! This morning I saw a baby mouse running along the baseboard and I checked their box and, sure enough, one had escaped. That's when I decided to go buy the escape-proof container...oh, and I did manage to get the little guy back where he belonged. They seem real happy with their new, bigger digs but I'm not handling them because I don't want to keep them. However, they are AWFULLY cute!!!!! Thanks for asking!

Back
Top Bottom