• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

20andy19

Chirping
May 24, 2019
Hi, i have had 12 chicks hatch yesterday,no where i live has Egg Mash in stock for another week or so. My question is can i feed the newborn chicks on chick crumb until i can get hold of some mash or will the crumb be fine.

I bought some chick crumb yesterday and a number of the chicks copied the mother hen and began pecking at it.

Also for added vitamins could i add Babies Abidec multivitamins to the chicks water? I have 3 full bottles of babies Abidec which is still in date from my twin girls who have recently stopped the multi vitamins. I know it's labelled for humans but i was wondering if it could be used for chicks in very very small doses.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi, i have had 12 chicks hatch yesterday,no where i live has Egg Mash in stock for another week or so. My question is can i feed the newborn chicks on chick crumb until i can get hold of some mash or will the crumb be fine.

I bought some chick crumb yesterday and a number of the chicks copied the mother hen and began pecking at it.

Also for added vitamins could i add Babies Abidec multivitamins to the chicks water? I have 3 full bottles of babies Abidec which is still in date from my twin girls who have recently stopped the multi vitamins. I know it's labelled for humans but i was wondering if it could be used for chicks in very very small doses.

Thanks,
Andy
Chicks will be fine just eating a proper chick crumble. What is the protein level for the one you have?

Crumble is fine.
You don't want to feed anything that is for 'laying eggs'...which this egg mash stuff might be.

What brand name of feed/s does your store sell?

Do you have a direct link for this vitamin product?

Just to update what i posted erlier, i have had 100% hatch rate! Previously i only had around 40-50% hatch rate but used a automatic incubator. This time they incubated under the mother hen. Next time i will use a broody hen as its much more successful for me

Perfect for chicks.
Screenshot_20190629-111933.png

I was advised by my vet to give my chicks abidec or another multivitamin and mineral as long as it doesn't contain iron. I did so as chicks and with winter coming I am going to give some to my hens in their water once a week.

Back
Top Bottom