Baby Pekin's on the way!

tiffanyhickman2

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 18, 2012
My Momma Duck will not get off her nest, not even to eat. She has 9 eggs that she is sitting on and the eggs have been there for about a month. Im hoping they are trying to hatch. If all goes well and they do, I need some help. This is my first time hatching eggs and I am not sure on what to do. I have a brooder set up with a heat lamp to keep the ducklings safe and warm but I dont know if I should put them in there alone, or with the Momma duck. What to feed them, what is the ideal temperature for them? any help/advise I can get is greatly appreaciated!! Thanks

My Momma Duck will not get off her nest, not even to eat. She has 9 eggs that she is sitting on and the eggs have been there for about a month. Im hoping they are trying to hatch. If all goes well and they do, I need some help. This is my first time hatching eggs and I am not sure on what to do. I have a brooder set up with a heat lamp to keep the ducklings safe and warm but I dont know if I should put them in there alone, or with the Momma duck. What to feed them, what is the ideal temperature for them? any help/advise I can get is greatly appreaciated!! Thanks
Hopefully mama duck is sitting in a secure place? if so just let her take care of everything, actually they have been doing it alot longer than us. The only time i would take ducklings away from their mama is if she had totally rejected them. Those mamas have down on and can keep them plenty warm. Feed duck starter or chicken starter, Place the food and water close enough mama doesn't have to go far to eat or drink, she'll teach the babies what to do. Good luck and let us know how it goes, and
welcome-byc.gif
it's really best to not interfere any more than necessary.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom