Baby Seb-Meet Forest Zump

banter

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Raymond Maine
I had four Seb eggs small sizes and which might have been frozen, but I put them into the incubator anyway as an afterthought-didn't want to waste them if they might have a chance. Then we had 3 power outages, and I also had two spikes in temp. Of the four one died in th shell about day 25. One died after pipping. One hatched with a little help, and he is Zenery.
The last I gave up on day 31 and opened the egg.
He looked fine at first and he was super strong!

These pics are not the best, but they're all I have

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

goslings392.jpg

After he dried it was apparent something was not quite right, he was as crooked as a dogs rear leg My name's Forrest Zump. People call me Forest Zump.

goslings410-1.jpg

Even his little bill was crooked. That's all I have to say about that.
goslings409.jpg

We started him on water bath therapy, vitamin slushy, and hobbled his legs :Mrs. Gump: "You have to do the best with what God gave you".
goslings403.jpg

I adapted a brace from my old orthopedic shoe to straighten out his bent litlle body. "My momma always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, where the go, where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes, I bet if I think about it real hard I can remember my first pair of shoes".
goslings423.jpg

He is improving and now can lift his head and stand without falling over.
His brother Zenery takes good care of him. "You can sit here if ya want" .
goslings399.jpg

I think he will do OK Run, Forrest! Run!
goslings412-1.jpg

His head even looks a bit different...are you sure they are boys...they are so gray lookin' ...

ps: I lost my last egg today...darn..I think I got too preoccupied with the new baby...I still turned though...but now I need to find a boy gosling for my son...if only that other egg before this little girl had hatched, I'd have two right now..

you are so lucky to have both !!

Keep us posted on his outcome!

Back
Top Bottom