Baby squirrel fallen from tree in a storm

How’s he doing?
My mom told me not to handle it until she gets home and he’s in a shoebox with warm towels. Apparently my great Pyrenees found it (my mom found it while I was out and she had to leave before I got home) and was trying to nurse it (she had puppies a while ago and maybe she thought it was hers?) but she has no milk lol. I tried wiping its bum with a damp paper towel and wiped the dirt off its face

oh my he is tiny! put rice in a sock or if you have a rice bag thats good, place it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds you don't want it to hot or will burn wrap it in a towel if to hot place it with the baby not underneath but on the side of it and place plenty of bedding like fleece or flannel.( KEEP HIM IN SIDE) the best formula is Esbilac or milk matrix you can find it at most pet store and feed through a syringe. you can get like a kitten bottle to feed him the best thing to do with little creatures like that it is best to bring it to a wild life rescue

Last edited:
oh my he is tiny! put rice in a sock or if you have a rice bag thats good, place it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds you don't want it to hot or will burn wrap it in a towel if to hot place it with the baby not underneath but on the side of it and place plenty of bedding like fleece or flannel.( KEEP HIM IN SIDE) the best formula is Esbilac or milk matrix you can find it at most pet store and feed through a syringe. you can get like a kitten bottle to feed him the best thing to do with little creatures like that it is best to bring it to a wild life rescue
Oo that’s a good idea! I have him with warm towels and puppy pads and a blanket ima shoe box and he’s in my living room. My moms picking up some ingredients she saw on a thing to mix goats milk with an egg and heavy whipping cream so we are going to try that bc we can’t get to a pet store

Oo that’s a good idea! I have him with warm towels and puppy pads and a blanket ima shoe box and he’s in my living room. My moms picking up some ingredients she saw on a thing to mix goats milk with an egg and heavy whipping cream so we are going to try that bc we can’t get to a pet store
ok thats good :)

I'm pretty sure it's a fox squirrel. Years and years ago my grandpa rescued one about this size because the tree with their nest had fallen in a storm. It had no tail because the tree landed on it or something. He finally let it out and it basically just stayed in the front yard. I hope the little one makes it!

I'm pretty sure it's a fox squirrel. Years and years ago my grandpa rescued one about this size because the tree with their nest had fallen in a storm. It had no tail because the tree landed on it or something. He finally let it out and it basically just stayed in the front yard. I hope the little one makes it!
It probably is, they seem to be the most common ones around here :) I hope he makes it too, I named it Samsung Refrigerator

Managed to get this! image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom