Baby starling stuck in wall keep it or put it back in the nest ?

Serin

Crowing
Feb 3, 2019
Chicagoland
Just curious do you keep these as pets?
No, I have not been able to find one and have been searching 7 years!

You can generally only get them if you poach a nest and nests are rarely accessible and here the window to do so is about 3 weeks in May. They're considered invasive birds and people just kill them. They're as smart as parrots and very affectionate companion animals.

Crestcrazy2

Crowing
Apr 29, 2020
Missuori

You can generally only get them if you poach a nest and nests are rarely accessible and here the window to do so is about 3 weeks in May. They're considered invasive birds and people just kill them. They're as smart as parrots and very affectionate companion animals.
Wow that's a long time , did you check out the thread I told you about, that might be your chance at getting some

HippieAtHeart

Peace, Love & Chickens ✌️
Mar 22, 2020
Southeastern Pennsylvania

Wow that’s crazy, I wouldn’t have guessed. Have you put up birdhouses? My mom just had one of her high up birdhouses with a starling nest that they all just left. Noisy birds, but fun to watch. I had no idea they were such sweethearts.

Top Bottom