Baby Tractor

Chelly

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 11, 2007
Well Hubby and I got busy yesterday and knocked up this little thing for the babies...
THEY LOVE IT!

Tractor1.jpg

Tractor2.jpg

Hey Chelly

Its cute, what are your dimensions. I am most likely gonna need one soon. Baby tractor, love it!
I have some leftover 1/2 inch hardware cloth, need to get crackin!

Hey did you get those ducks, sure hope so, they are so pretty. Good luck on them, I wished I lived on an acreage and would have taken them in a heartbeat if I did. No ducks for me!
sad.png

We got a break in the weather here in Lincoln, storms moved thru and its cooled down to about 80. Bout time, the girls were stressed this last 2 days.

Jill

No I didn't get the ducks
sad.png

I will order some babies next year again and add ducks!
lol.png

Its about 4 1/2 foot square and 2 foot high - we just used scraps we could find around here.
It will probably be big enough to use for a while.
The wire on the sides we bent under - so there is about 3 or 4 inches of wire on the ground on the inside - so they can't squeeze out, our ground is un-even.

Darn, I can't see the pics for some reason! I'll try again in a bit - my connection has been problematic all day. I'd love to have a tractor in addition to our coop; in fact I remain tempted by the tractors at Coops 4 U. I even tried to snag something off Craig's List today that I thought I could just add some wheels onto, but someone else beat me to it. I'd love to see what you came up with! Congrats on creating something on your own.

Laura

Now I can see! It looks perfecto for little peeps. I have to acknowledge that the one downside to chicks in the living room is starting to surface, and it has to do with some odors. I know I should be grateful that at day 2 they're pooping up a storm, as I read about pasty butt being an issue - and it appears not to be here - but now I'm thinking it's time to seek out some DE. Can't really open some windows because it's so darn hot here that we need the AC on all the time. Anyway, I love it & am very impressed!

Laura

Well on the good side, mine are a week old - last week I was changing paper towels once a week, and adding towels during the day to cover the poop.
I took the paper off on day 6, the smell is not too bad, but a bonus being able to put them outside - half the poop is out there!
They were out today from 10am till 5:30pm, gave me a change to totally clean out their brooder - and when they got back in - they were DIGGING like crazy, I put alot of the shavings in, so much that one little chick - Daisy, was trying to bury herself in it! It was a funny sight!

My little tractor doesn't have wheels, and it does need two of us to move it, so far its still in the same place, its a nice shady spot right outside the kitchen window, so it will stay there a while!

Back
Top Bottom