Baby turkey- 1 died and another keeps holding itself weird.

Luckylarson

Chirping
May 25, 2020
We just got turkeys for the first time and one died in a couple of hours. They were fine but when we checked again it wouldn't move and kept opening and closing its mouth. It died a few minutes later. Another chick is a little lethargic and keeps holding itself by standing up but keeping its head on the ground. other poults seem fine. Please help

Have you seen them all drinking and eating? It could be dehydration? How are the other ones doing?
Their are a couple really dedicated turkey people here if you post this in the turkey thread.
I've had and raised turkeys for years, my heritage breeds are smarter than the production ones and I still put a chicken chick with them to show them how to eat and drink.

Have you seen them all drinking and eating? It could be dehydration? How are the other ones doing?
Their are a couple really dedicated turkey people here if you post this in the turkey thread.
I've had and raised turkeys for years, my heritage breeds are smarter than the production ones and I still put a chicken chick with them to show them how to eat and drink.
The others are fine and they are all eating and drinking. The one seems to be doing better today but I haven't seen it eat so I tried to get it to but it wouldn't. It drinks and stands up more but kind of wobbly. How can I get it to eat? Thanks.

Boil a couple eggs and mash up only the yolk to feed them. Sometimes bright colors attract them to want to eat.

Back
Top Bottom