Baby Turkey Broke Wing, Please Help!

I'd say this is where the fracture is

Attachments

• 20200707_203850.jpg
    20200707_203850.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1
See if you can set the bone first by holding the body and pulling the wing at the second joint, you should be able to feel the bone come together. Then you'll want to use electrical tape or masking tape and while holding the wing folded together against the body, wrap the tape around the body and wing fastening it in place against the body to keep it immobilized. You'll need to leave it like this for at least six weeks probably eight since hollow bones heal slower. Hope this helps.
Birds are resilient creatures and while it may not be able to fly it will be able to live a productive life. I've had birds with broken bones, shattered, that have fully recovered and lived for several years after.

Blessings,

Bo

See if you can set the bone first by holding the body and pulling the wing at the second joint, you should be able to feel the bone come together. Then you'll want to use electrical tape or masking tape and while holding the wing folded together against the body, wrap the tape around the body and wing fastening it in place against the body to keep it immobilized. You'll need to leave it like this for at least six weeks probably eight since hollow bones heal slower. Hope this helps.
Birds are resilient creatures and while it may not be able to fly it will be able to live a productive life. I've had birds with broken bones, shattered, that have fully recovered and lived for several years after.

Blessings,

Bo
I tried that, but my mom was the one that "set" the bone. Im very mad about it because she always insists she knows what she's doing but shes never set a bone in her life. She just felt it and said "I think I just heard it pop back into place" and wouldn't let me feel or look to make sure, just made me wrap it like that. So I'm 90% sure if it heals it will be deformed unless someone else takes her and ensures its right. After "setting" it we wrapped it close to her body, but shes still trying to fly so the flexing that wing is probably deforming more.
I really just need someone who can provide better care to take her...

Back
Top Bottom