Baby turkey fell into water

silkiesoft

Chirping
Apr 24, 2017
Hey guys!
my mum turkey has recently hatched 9 babies on her own. She’s in a pen by herself, with the babies. Water is safe and isn’t possible for them to get into. However, one of the babies escaped and fell into some water, not sure how long the baby was in there for. When we finally found the baby it was shaking and wheezing. We dried it and put it back with the Mum but she wouldn’t sit down long enough to get it warm. What do I do?

Hey guys!
my mum turkey has recently hatched 9 babies on her own. She’s in a pen by herself, with the babies. Water is safe and isn’t possible for them to get into. However, one of the babies escaped and fell into some water, not sure how long the baby was in there for. When we finally found the baby it was shaking and wheezing. We dried it and put it back with the Mum but she wouldn’t sit down long enough to get it warm. What do I do?
Keep it in an incubator for a while or some warm place. It should be fine.
My little chick once got into a water bowl and was all wet. I kept it in the incubator for a while and he became all fluffed up again.

Last edited:
Glad to hear she stopped wheezing. It may be good to monitor her for the next few days closely for any respiratory-related signs, as sometimes a little bit of water in a bird's lungs, can develop into what's called Aspiration Pneumonia.

Back
Top Bottom