Baby Turkey won't stop chirping! Please help it's 12:14 AM!

winglesschicken

Chirping
Jul 23, 2019
I got this baby Turkey earlier today and I was really excited as it's the first Turkey we've ever had!

But tonight we're having difficulties. The chick will not stop chirping UNLESS I'm in front of it. The chick is not cold, it's not lonely (it has two chick friends with it), it's just clingy. It's chirping as loud as it possibly can right now and someone is trying to sleep in my house.

Does anyone know what I can do?

The only thing that temporarily worked was I turned off their heat lamp for 10 minutes and they all tuckered down and cuddled together, not making any noise. But I'm uncomfortable with the thought of turning their lamp off. I don't want them to be cold (although my room is abnormally hot).

Can someone PLEASE help me?

Is it possible it’s too hot? Do you have a thermometer at their level to measure the temp?

It's around 90-96 degrees directly under the heat lamp. In other areas of the cage it's a bit cooler. I was thinking maybe she was getting too cold? But when I wrap her up in a towel and set her on my desk (like she wants me to do lol) it's much cooler inside of a towel but she really enjoys it and doesn't make any noise.

its probably lonely or to hot if its really warm turn off the lamp

She's got some buddies with her, so I don't think she's lonely. I did turn off the lamp last night and they all quieted down, but I have a bantam and a turken in there with her and I'm afraid they may get cold...? Do you think they'd get cold? My room is much warmer than the average room and stays pretty hot even during the night. So maybe they are too hot?

Like I mentioned in the other reply, it's around 90-96 degrees directly under the lamp.

She's got some buddies with her, so I don't think she's lonely. I did turn off the lamp last night and they all quieted down, but I have a bantam and a turken in there with her and I'm afraid they may get cold...? Do you think they'd get cold? My room is much warmer than the average room and stays pretty hot even during the night. So maybe they are too hot?

Like I mentioned in the other reply, it's around 90-96 degrees directly under the lamp.
I would turn it off and see what the temp goes too

I wanted to update you all and let you know that she has stopped peeping at night! However, she peeps whenever I am out of my room (if someone else is in my room she doesn't peep). I've learned she doesn't like being alone and doesn't like it when she can't see my face. When I'm sleeping, she starts peeping if I'm facing the other direction lol.

She doesn't peep at night anymore, thankfully! I think just on the first night she was upset she couldn't see me as well as she could if I were standing right in front of her cage.

Back
Top Bottom