Bachelor Pad Question

Agree. If you are going to breed, you have to be prepared to cull.

"When the need arises - and it does - you must be able to shoot your own dog. Don't farm it out - that doesn't make it nicer, it makes it worse." - Robert A. Heinlein

The same is true of your chickens.
I'm not breeding...

My main question is: Do you think they'd be okay together or should I create a divider and let them have their own sides of the run? I don't want them to be lonely and I want them to have lots of space, but I don't want them to kill each other either.
I would build a run you can divide, but let them both share the whole space as long as they continue to get along. But if you do need to separate them, it will be much easier if you can just close a door or put a few staples in a piece of wire mesh.

If the divider is made of wire mesh, they can still interact through it, so hopefully not too lonely even if you do have to divide them.

I would build a run you can divide, but let them both share the whole space as long as they continue to get along. But if you do need to separate them, it will be much easier if you can just close a door or put a few staples in a piece of wire mesh.

If the divider is made of wire mesh, they can still interact through it, so hopefully not too lonely even if you do have to divide them.
Good idea! I'm thinking of getting something like this for them. https://www.wayfair.com/pet/pdp/tuc...o-28-chickens-w005759606.html?piid=2022584676

Agree. If you are going to breed, you have to be prepared to cull.

"When the need arises - and it does - you must be able to shoot your own dog. Don't farm it out - that doesn't make it nicer, it makes it worse." - Robert A. Heinlein

The same is true of your chickens.
That's a great quote.

I see so often people getting attached to an animal and being unable to make that call for sick and suffering pets and it's just heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom