Bach's build thread!

BachMFD650

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2017
Schuylkill County PA
my wife says I hit a Quarter Life Crisis (being that im only 28). I wanted chickens. Better than a mistress or a new car right?
1f602.png

So this week I started a coop. My wife was against chickens. So she said if i could build the coop at no cost to us, I could have chickens. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

So I started with 3 pallets, and an old cabinet we had above our fridge in the kitchen which we ripped down.

I then added a clean out door, using one of the old cabinet doors. I also framed the roof rafters.

After cleaning up the clean out door, i went to work finishing the roof.

Later on I added a vent window in the rear, near the top of the roof. Cold air in the bottom, hot air out the top.

Today I aqquired 3 leghorns. So I was a little time constraint. So I went on and built Fort Nox Run. The thing is beefy. I measures 6ft long, 4ft wide, and 4ft high. They will be out of the run for quite a few hours a day also. Chickens are happy, I'm happy!

Good choice for your quarter life crisis. My son took up running for his mid life crisis. Me I'm in the fourth quarter of my first century and have no interest in another woman. The one I have is fine, but a new truck might be a good idea.
tongue.png

Nice coop.

Back
Top Bottom