Bach's build thread!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BachMFD650, Mar 2, 2017.

1. BachMFD650

BachMFD650 Just Hatched

Feb 28, 2017
    Schuylkill County PA
    my wife says I hit a Quarter Life Crisis (being that im only 28). I wanted chickens. Better than a mistress or a new car right? [​IMG]

So this week I started a coop. My wife was against chickens. So she said if i could build the coop at no cost to us, I could have chickens. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

So I started with 3 pallets, and an old cabinet we had above our fridge in the kitchen which we ripped down.

[​IMG]

I then added a clean out door, using one of the old cabinet doors. I also framed the roof rafters.

[​IMG]

After cleaning up the clean out door, i went to work finishing the roof.

[​IMG]

Later on I added a vent window in the rear, near the top of the roof. Cold air in the bottom, hot air out the top.

[​IMG]

Today I aqquired 3 leghorns. So I was a little time constraint. So I went on and built Fort Nox Run. The thing is beefy. I measures 6ft long, 4ft wide, and 4ft high. They will be out of the run for quite a few hours a day also. Chickens are happy, I'm happy!

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good choice for your quarter life crisis. My son took up running for his mid life crisis. Me I'm in the fourth quarter of my first century and have no interest in another woman. The one I have is fine, but a new truck might be a good idea. [​IMG]

Nice coop.

3. tastyacres

tastyacres Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2017
    never stops learning!
    Nice coop!

When your happy and chickens are happy, you know it is a hit!

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    That looks awesome! Great job

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by