back again still need help

If she spent the night in a dog crate on a towel or dog crate, she might poop during the night. Tuna, ground meat or scrambled egg bits can sometimes tempt them to eat. Mushy wet feed is best for her when she begins to eat better. Tube feed ping twice a day is fairly easy to learn if you are interested. It takes less than 5 minutes to do if you have everything ready. I understand that it can be hard to deal with a sick hen who may be duping when you have to be at work. Getting a weight on her to see how much she is losing would be a good thing. Does she have a swollen lower belly?
Just checked her. The left of her lower body to the side of her leg feels swollen and may have fluid in it. I checked the other chickens and it is just bone. Is this water belly? Is there a way to treat without draining with a syringe?

She is my favorite girl and I don't want to possibly kill her draining it!

I usually do not drain hens with water belly, since it is usually caused by something that will eventually kill them. But I will to ease the breathing if they are having labored breathing. Does the swelling show up in a picture?

I usually do not drain hens with water belly, since it is usually caused by something that will eventually kill them. But I will to ease the breathing if they are having labored breathing. Does the swelling show up in a picture?
No. It doesn't just when I feel it. I didn't have time to take a picture because I am spending all of my time in the morning before work helping my rooster with wry neck. I am not sure how to help her breathing. It's been months now.

Back
Top Bottom