Back in or pull into parking spot?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by first time farmer, Oct 4, 2009.

1. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Do you back in or pull into parking spots? Me any my dad we talking about this last night. So i just wanted to see how you all do it.

I back my truck in almost 90% of the time

2. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I prefer to back in. I find it a lot easier and I can use the mirrors. Here in Okinawa, most of the vans have a mirror on the back window so you can see how close you are getting.

3. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I pull in.

But I like to find a spot with an empty spot in front of it, so I can pull all of the way through, and be facing out. [​IMG]

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

It depends. If it looks like it may be rough to get out, I'll back in. And I'll also back in if I can't make the turn to pull in. Other than that I pull in.

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I usually back in if possible........ my late dad was the back up King. I amazed my drivers ed teacher with my parallel parking skills.....thanks daddy ![​IMG]

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I usually pull in.

I like to back in, but most of the shopping centers around here have the angled parking spaces with the up and down aisles. If you backed in, when you pull out, you'll be going the wrong way. And, I won't back in if there's someone behind me because they'd be waiting on me and that feels rude. [​IMG]

7. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Quote:Ditto

I think if you're driving a longer vehicle its easier to pull out of the space so i understand the backing in thing if you're in a truck or a big car.

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I always back in. In case you need to make a quick getaway! [​IMG]

Steve in NC

9. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    My dad says he does what ever is easier at the time. But I have a thing with parking. I always back in unless i cant for some reason. My girlfriend is the worst driver lol i have to back her car up all time. I always use my mirrors.

10. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I like to do that too. I like to be facing out, because I drive a mini-van and I am always afraid that if I back up some little kid will be walking behind my van and I wont see them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by