Back in the sport of flying Birmingham Rollers

Mike Richey

Hatching
6 Years
May 5, 2013
Gilbert South Carolina
Hi all!

Got moved back to South Carolina cheated a wee little bit and went in search of a kit loft for sale found it and a few birds with it
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif
By any chance are they 'Danny Horner' strain birds? Good luck with them. I love Birmingham rollers, but the hawks put me out of business.

Very nice kit box. Good luck with the rollers. I am just getting into them myself after 20 years with racing pigeons. I bought a group of breeders from a guy that was leaving the sport. They are Mason based birds from well known flyers.

very nice.. how much may i ask was the whole setup minus the birds? any pics of all the birds closer, or in action? i just mam moving to some property, and starting to think again about getting a better setup for my rollers, and new white racers, and flying flights.

Last edited:

I gave 200 bucks for the box, birds, training cage and a few odds and ends.

The fellow said he was tired of feeding hawks but I think there was more to the story as the box looked like it was not in place long, and he also lived in a VERY upscale community.

It was one of those deals I had to jump on!

The door at the bottom is hinged also inside are three clean out trays under each box, it is also wired with lights and an electrical outlet also. The only bad thing is the sliding trap doors they are made of layered cheap wood and buckle in wet weather. The previous owner had cut fiberglass panels which I also got to replace those with.

My trap doors are sheet metal sliding in metal channels. Nothing can get through them. Nothing that is if I remember to close them. I left the traps open one night hoping on the return of an overfly kit. A GHO took advantage of that oversight to enter and kill several birds. I never made that mistake again.

Back
Top Bottom