Back on line (again) !!!! How is everybody?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by English Chick, Sep 13, 2008.

1. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    At last at last am finally back on line...it has been horrid not being able to connect anywhere, but hopefully all is now well as my computer was really sick!!! somehow it had 996 virus'es and trojans on board.....dont know how they got in!
    Since 28th July, I have only been on line 4 days!
    The computer doctor said all is recovered....bliss

But I have missed you guys!!! it is surprising just how addicted I am to this wonderful community of chickie lovers.

((((((hugs)))))) to everyone x

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Glad to have you back! We've missed your wit and wisdom. Watch those Trojans, they are sneaky little suckers but they leave "horse apples" next to computer so you know they've been around lol![​IMG]

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Wow-- that was one sickie computer, EC!! Do they have any clue how it happened?

4. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Nope - but I suspect my son (12) turned off the firewalls by accident although he swears he didn't.....anyway I have now completely banned all downloads from the internet to further protect it, as he is always downloading from sites that have ring tones etc...kids eh!

5. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Glad ya missed me x

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* That might do it. . . Me, I always killed mine by accidently erasing just the wrong files, trying to make space. Made 5 BIG paperweights that way. [​IMG] Good to have you back.

7. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay! your computer is fixed!
    Tell your son that even grown ups crash computers...my husband will tell you that I stay in trouble over computer mishaps![​IMG]

8. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    My son is the "geek" that fixes my computers. He can't grow up and leave - how will I ever stay out trouble then?

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* My youngest DB is the family geek. He has my mom's computer linked to his somehow, so he knows instantly if she's somehow goofed it.

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    lol i have one computer thats running on a Linux Operating System and gonna put it on another one.So i dont worry about getting anything and its free....
    And Welcome Back [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by