Back to chicken life

hippia16

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
Michigan
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?- this is my second attempt at chickens. Tried about 10 years ago and had to move and give them away. I’m now in my own property and ready to start again.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 14

(3) What breeds do you have? 2 broilers, 1 buff Orpington, 4 sexlinks, 5 leghorns, 1 jersey giant all 3 weeks old. One Australorp rescue that laid her first egg for me today!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? The concept of home raised food, going back to doing things at home.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?- horses, dogs and hunting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. - just got engaged and moved to 10 acres. Have 5 dogs, 3 cats and 2 horses to keep me busy when I’m not at work at the bank.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D- I joined my first round when researching breeds. About 10 years and I just got logged back in. Great source of info.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?- this is my second attempt at chickens. Tried about 10 years ago and had to move and give them away. I’m now in my own property and ready to start again.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 14

(3) What breeds do you have? 2 broilers, 1 buff Orpington, 4 sexlinks, 5 leghorns, 1 jersey giant all 3 weeks old. One Australorp rescue that laid her first egg for me today!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? The concept of home raised food, going back to doing things at home.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?- horses, dogs and hunting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. - just got engaged and moved to 10 acres. Have 5 dogs, 3 cats and 2 horses to keep me busy when I’m not at work at the bank.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D- I joined my first round when researching breeds. About 10 years and I just got logged back in. Great source of info.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom