Back to school

mom'sfolly

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 15, 2007
Austin area, Texas
Last night was back to school night for my first grader. Unfortunately, his teacher assignment was awful, the teacher who thought my older son needed to be medicated and was still making rude remarks a year later. So, my introduction to the new principal went something like this..."Hi, I'm Karen and this is Nick and Sam, I volunteer in the library and science lab and can you please change Sam's teacher". Trouble maker at first introduction.
smile.png
She was very nice, asked me to e-mail her, and I just got the reply. Yahoo! A new teacher!!! I couldn't be more thrilled. I just hope this principal stays awhile. She is the fourth one in five years.

So, how do you think my introduction went? It's back to school night for the other one today.

Karen

We've been doing open houses this week too. We had my daughter's yesterday - she is going to be starting middle school this year (6th), and my boys are in 2 & 4th grades. We're leaving for their open house in a couple hours today. The little one misses the cut off for Kindergarten by about a week, so I've moved him to a 3-day a week preschool closer to home for this year.

It will be their first year in public school - they've been in a private Lutheran school up to now, and so I know it will be a culture shock to them, going from a very small religious school to public school. I won't miss the expense and the drive. Their school was in Charlotte which was a 3 hour round trip every afternoon to pick them up. Their new schools are less than 3 miles from our house, AND they all want to ride the bus, so that will be great to get them there and back and I'm going to save a boat load of gas money.

They start on Monday for 1st day..... can you tell I'm nervous for them??

Back
Top Bottom