Back to the flock. Finally!

soliloquie

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 30, 2013
Everett, WA
Good morning all! I am excited to be returning to chickens after a long, long pause. I grew up with many feathered friends and life finally allows for them again. Yay! I do have a puzzling concern and I posted in the emergencies forum about myth three week old faverolle chick walking like a penquin but have yet to get a response. Any advice on standing out? Really don't want to cull if I can rehab. Plus I only have two chicks at this point...

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome to BYC and back to the world of poultry keeping/raising. I'm sorry, but I have no advice as to the problem with your chick.

redsoxs

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
North Central Kansas
Greetings from Kansas, Soliloquie, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased to have you back in the flock! I think you should post again - might have been a slow day and it got bumped to page two...maybe fresh eyes will find it if you post again. Best wishes!

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
welcome-byc.gif
has he always walked like that? Have you checked him over for any broken bones, punctures or other wounds. Do feet and legs seem normal? Is he eating/drinking normally.

Does he have normal(for him) poo or is his butt plastered with it? If you post again in emergencies please answer guestions if able ? You might want to use caps to say 'HELP. YOUNG CHICK WALKS LIKE PENQUIN." to catch someone's eye.

Top Bottom