Back to the flock. Finally!

soliloquie

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 30, 2013
Everett, WA
Good morning all! I am excited to be returning to chickens after a long, long pause. I grew up with many feathered friends and life finally allows for them again. Yay! I do have a puzzling concern and I posted in the emergencies forum about myth three week old faverolle chick walking like a penquin but have yet to get a response. Any advice on standing out? Really don't want to cull if I can rehab. Plus I only have two chicks at this point...

Welcome to BYC and back to the world of poultry keeping/raising. I'm sorry, but I have no advice as to the problem with your chick.

Greetings from Kansas, Soliloquie, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased to have you back in the flock! I think you should post again - might have been a slow day and it got bumped to page two...maybe fresh eyes will find it if you post again. Best wishes!

welcome-byc.gif
has he always walked like that? Have you checked him over for any broken bones, punctures or other wounds. Do feet and legs seem normal? Is he eating/drinking normally.

Does he have normal(for him) poo or is his butt plastered with it? If you post again in emergencies please answer guestions if able ? You might want to use caps to say 'HELP. YOUNG CHICK WALKS LIKE PENQUIN." to catch someone's eye.

Back
Top Bottom