Backyard Brahmas!!

Ok so I am a little concerned on this one. Being as it is my first hatch, there is one egg in the nest that is partially broken through, you can see the amniotic sack itself, and there is a rip in it, but I see no movement and can't hear anything. Expecting the worst
sad.png
That's normal. Hatching is hard work, so the chick is probably resting now and absorbing more yolk and blood vessels.

Thanks for your input. So Chewie definitely has to go since I am keeping another Leg-bar cockerel out of my baby chicks. What is a beetle brow? I am assuming its something bad. Sapphire is the lightest of them all as well. She is 594 grams compared to Cutie who is 752 g. So Sapphire needs to go?
No, a beetle brow is desirable. Take a look at these faces face...even they don't have really pronounced brows, understand that anything you decide should be based on your own preferences. You can see how they look like they are mad at the world, that is the look that most breeders are going for. Kind of reminds me of an evil chicken cartoon! Yours all look fine to me!

No, a beetle brow is desirable. Take a look at these faces face...even they don't have really pronounced brows, understand that anything you decide should be based on your own preferences. You can see how they look like they are mad at the world, that is the look that most breeders are going for. Kind of reminds me of an evil chicken cartoon! Yours all look fine to me!

how about eagle eye or hawk eye?

how about eagle eye or hawk eye?
The same look. A very predatorial look to them when you just look at their faces. Mine tend to look like hawks in the face when they are young, I don't know if that is normal or not, but I like it. Sometimes, I think it has something to do with my colors that make them look that way. My husband calls them pterodactyls or my dinosaur chickens.
lau.gif

The same look. A very predatorial look to them when you just look at their faces. Mine tend to look like hawks in the face when they are young, I don't know if that is normal or not, but I like it. Sometimes, I think it has something to do with my colors that make them look that way. My husband calls them pterodactyls or my dinosaur chickens.
lau.gif
thats why i fell in love with the brahma's, the eagle or hawk eyes, i raise english parakeets and i try to breed the same look in them,

thats why i fell in love with the brahma's, the eagle or hawk eyes, i raise english parakeets and i try to breed the same look in them,
There eyes are also very orange, which gives them that predator bird look. I really like that look as well. It starts to develop at about 3-4 months, that's when you can see what kind of look they have. I don't have any that have a friendly look.....makes my granddaughter afraid to handle the older ones, she thinks they are going to be mean because they look that way.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom