Backyard Brahmas!!

Well, since we're sharing pictures -

Some of the girls.

The boys' club. They are still developing their coloring, but the one in the front is a whopping big boy!

The old man, Marco.

And just to be different, from my blue project, Lady Alma and foster chick.
Love, love, LOVE them! Great looking birds you've got!

It really warmed up today and is going to be even warmer tomorrow. How does everyone help their brahmas cool down? I just gave mine some watermelon and apples. Usually I go out at noonish and water down their outside space to help bring the temps down. Other than that, I think I might put in a mister system tomorrow if I have time. My parents aren't doing so well, so I need to fly to Florida on Monday so my time is precious at the moment.

Anyone have any other ideas?

We give watermelon a couple of times a week in the summer. Other than that, they always have plenty of water and plenty of shade, so they are okay. Of course, they dig craters in the yard to get to the cooler dirt, so my back yard looks like the surface of the moon!

Gorgeous, Sjisty!! Thanks for sharing! Love the mama/baby pic.
love.gif

Thanks, Carcar!

Here's the guy who started my love of partridge Brahmas - Gizmo, my first blue Partridge.

It really warmed up today and is going to be even warmer tomorrow.  How does everyone help their brahmas cool down?  I just gave mine some watermelon and apples.  Usually I go out at noonish and water down their outside space to help bring the temps down. Other than that, I think I might put in a mister system tomorrow if I have time.  My parents aren't doing so well, so I need to fly to Florida on Monday so my time is precious at the moment.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Water and shade and they'll all be fine. My yard is suffering too. They live to dig to china and then lay down.

Im planning to get some brahmas and got a lot of questions:

I read the standard eye color must be brownish or orange, but all of the chicks I have seen have grayish green eyes so what age the color changes?

How a blue brahma baby looks like?, I mean color is the same, black or grayish?, want to be sure I get a couple of blue ones

What color the beak and the feet should be?

Many of the babies I ve seen have vulture hock, is this normal in chicks? will it disappear as it grows up or shouldnt be present at any age?

Thanks in advance!

Well, since we're sharing pictures -

Some of the girls.

The boys' club. They are still developing their coloring, but the one in the front is a whopping big boy!

The old man, Marco.

And just to be different, from my blue project, Lady Alma and foster chick.
Oh, drooling! They´re all gorgeous! I bought a grey hen, just a mixed.breed, and I hope to breed her to my black cock to get some blues eventually.

Big Med. adorable grandchild! sjitsy, Marco is stunning!! And Gismo too!!I do not have a male Brahmas yet and I think I made a mistake not doing so.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom