Backyard Brahmas!!

Just a couple of broody pics from this lovely evening. :love

The end :p

Lol! Love the last one... :D

Hi, new to the discussion forum, here.  I just wanted to let you know my experiences with the two hatcheries I've ordered from.  Ideal down in Tx. was not so great.....Ordered 10 total chicks, 3 were to be straight run, the other 7 were to be sexed pullets.  They included 6 cockerels for extra body heat in shipping, and when babies arrived, 6 were deceased or dying.  All the ones that didn't make it were the birds we ordered.  So we ended up raising 10 chicks, and a grand total of 8 of those were roosters.  Ideal refunded our money for the chicks, but did not ever get around to refunding our money for chick starter(with probiotics) that we ordered but didn't receive.  Several weeks later we had to deal with the growing flock of roos, it just felt like overall, a lot of time and money to end up with two hens.  Our second experience with My Pet Chicken was fantastic in comparison.  We are in Wa state and these 8 chicks came with a heat pack and were thriving and strong compared to Ideals' shipment.  Suffice it to say, I'd go back to MPC but never again to Ideal.....hope this helps!

Very interesting... I've considered my pet chicken, and also cackle for future chick needs. Not sure which one I'll go with.

Back
Top Bottom