Backyard Brahmas!!

Hello, just got a pair of dark brahma's, I'm so in love with them, they hatched April 28/14, so just under 7 months old. My girl is 5lbs and my boy is 7lbs, is this on par with where they should be? Here's my boy.

Hello, just got a pair of dark brahma's, I'm so in love with them, they hatched April 28/14, so just under 7 months old. My girl is 5lbs and my boy is 7lbs, is this on par with where they should be? Here's my boy.
Sounds about right on. Very pretty young man. Are you planning on breeding just the pair or crossing? I only ask because of the little pullets in the background.

Last edited:
No, I won't be crossing, I'll move the pair to breeding runs when I start hatching. But, those are not pullets, those are at least 2 years old, he's just so big
tongue.png

The one you can see fully is a chantecler X, she isn't as small as she looks, she's further back from the roo, but he is quite large, 7 lbs and really fluffy.

The one you can see fully is a chantecler X, she isn't as small as she looks, she's further back from the roo, but he is quite large, 7 lbs and really fluffy.

Oh he'll be getting much bigger in the coming months. My Brahma hen is just over 8 lbs. Enjoy them, they are amazing, I still wouldn't change getting The Lady for anything. Best breed out there in my opinion.

Ok guys i need a little help. I was browsing through pictures of Brahmas on Google, (I know it's sad lol) and I came across this picture, and was wondering what color pattern this would be categorized as, and if there is possibly some available somewhere

Back
Top Bottom