Backyard Brahmas!!

Big Papa
love.gif
I just love this big old jug lol

He's so handsome...and he knows it!!!

We got our first egg!!!!!!! One of the new ladies laid it while I was away today :)

I'm do glad I found this thread. I have 5 Brahmas, 3 light 2 pullets and a roo, guess they are between 5-7 months. One pullet is laying and the roo is crowing and mating. Two buff 19 weeks, neither are laying. My lights came from a breeder not so concerned with SOP. My buffs came from Ideal Poultry. I'll be adding 7 more in the spring 3 pullets of each and a buff roo. Not going to breed for show, just to grow my flock and table fair. I'll try and get some pictures up.

I'm do glad I found this thread. I have 5 Brahmas, 3 light 2 pullets and a roo, guess they are between 5-7 months. One pullet is laying and the roo is crowing and mating. Two buff 19 weeks, neither are laying. My lights came from a breeder not so concerned with SOP. My buffs came from Ideal Poultry. I'll be adding 7 more in the spring 3 pullets of each and a buff roo. Not going to breed for show, just to grow my flock and table fair. I'll try and get some pictures up.
Hello and welcome!

Thank you. I guess I should add some things about me as well. Along with my Brahmas I have 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 New Hampshire Reds and I just added a 28 week old Blue English Orpington rooster. 10 birds in a 10 by 16 coop with a 10 by 10 covered run. They free range in the afternoon and all day on the weekends.

I'm going to make the run bigger before spring when I add the other birds.

Yes it's a partridge silkie. I'm just glad it's finally looking like a brahma. It had no coloration up until a week or so ago

Back
Top Bottom