Backyard Brahmas!!

First 2015 partridge baby!!
love.gif
Can't wait for
it to dry off. Looks to have a blue color and also looks like nice middle toe feathering like Daddy!
Congrats!

I am new to this thread. I found it looking for information on Brahmas. OH my tons of information to read. Since it would take more time than I could find to look for the information that may or may not be here I thought I would just ask.

I have reserved 3 Dark Brahma pullets to pick up in a couple more weeks.
I am wondering how they tend to get along with bantam cochins. I have mostly large birds along with 3 bantam cochins.
The coop is 8x14 and the run is 16x20. (I built it so I could divide it if needed)

I am hoping to not have to divide it.

Thank you all in advance for any advice or input on having such large and such small birds together.

Babs

I am new to this thread. I found it looking for information on Brahmas. OH my tons of information to read. Since it would take more time than I could find to look for the information that may or may not be here I thought I would just ask.

I have reserved 3 Dark Brahma pullets to pick up in a couple more weeks.
I am wondering how they tend to get along with bantam cochins. I have mostly large birds along with 3 bantam cochins.
The coop is 8x14 and the run is 16x20. (I built it so I could divide it if needed)

I am hoping to not have to divide it.

Thank you all in advance for any advice or input on having such large and such small birds together.

Babs
Most of the time Brahmas get along fine with other birds, bantam or whatever. Brahmas a generally very docile, I have had some darks that are more aggressive than some of the other varieties, but not as aggressive as most aggressive chickens. But, like all flock dynamics, you never know what may pop up.

Please make sure that you quarantine them before introducing them to the rest of your flock. It is heartbreaking when folks lose their entire flock because they didn't quarantine.

They will be in the house for about 2 to 3 weeks in a small brooder before moving them to the larger brooder in the coop. They will be less than 5 days old when I get them.

I do have a mean GLW that I am puttin in the pot before they get to run with the pack too.

Edited to add....
They are also being vaccinated for Mereks. My existing flock is not but they are all over a year old now and most are 4.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom