Backyard Brahmas!!

Well we will hope for him to be quiet. We don't have any rooster restrictions that I can find but I do wish to be a good neighbor. He is really pretty.

This is my buff brahma bantam Pullet at six weeks. Yours has way more feathers than mine.

We shall see....since I seldom see them from the side as they are still in the brooder (and it is on the floor with top access) most of the time except when it is warm enough to take them out I am not sure if that is the normal stance. I think not though since I haven't had any indication of this one being any different than the others in stance and they were in kind of tight quarters in that picture. The sister that is 1/2 the size is really just as feathered with exactly the same length tail (though the big one got it's feathers and tail more than a week later) with the exception of those fabulous feet they are both very fluffy in the body and leg. I am ok with it either way since if I am going to have a rooster of all the breeds I have I think the Brahma may be the most easy going. My giant Buff Orpington would appreciate a man around the house if he is a good rooster, she was traumatized by the dog herding her down the hill and resulted in a crash landing and is really skittish (but I digress). Fingers crossed if he is a he that he is quiet and nice with humans.

I talked to a person who I sold my buff Brahma and he said he never crows when its cloudy or cold. But that's just him the crow collars might be worth a try...

As far As I can tell they work for some poeple, but not for others. I have never had that problem because we live in the country. The roosters do get annoying sometimes when we're in the coop, but they'll usually be quiet after I yell at them to shut up. :)

I live in Utah, not much clouds or rain here so that won't help haha. We have other roosters not too far away since we live just barely over the city line our county neighbors have a few and so most of my neighbors are used to a reasonable amount of crowing. One side of my immediate neighbors is a family from more country upbringing and the other side have kept chickens in the past and are a house of young easy going college age bunch so maybe South has a chance of making it to adulthood.

There are several brahma threads, so I wasn't sure which to post this question in. I think I just sold 6 chickens to a friend. She hasn't confirmed yet. I'm charging her 45$ for the adults and i threw in the chicks because I don't need them. Read below.
2 gold laced brahmas (hens) 1 silver laced brahma hen and 1 silver laced brahma rooster, and two mutt chicks.
All of them except the chicks turned 2 this past Easter. The chicks are 1 month old.
The adults are all from a local breeder, they were raised by me, together. And they're all very sweet
So my question is, is $45 too cheap or too expensive? I won't change the price on her, but I just want to know for the future.
Thanks!

Last edited:
There are several brahma threads, so I wasn't sure which to post this question in. I think I just sold 6 chickens to a friend. She hasn't confirmed yet. I'm charging her 45$ for the adults and i threw in the chicks because I don't need them. Read below.
2 gold laced brahmas (hens) 1 silver laced brahma hen and 1 silver laced brahma rooster, and two mutt chicks.
All of them except the chicks turned 2 this past Easter. The chicks are 1 month old.
The adults are all from a local breeder, they were raised by me, together. And they're all very sweet
So my question is, is $45 too cheap or too expensive? I won't change the price on her, but I just want to know for the future.
Thanks!

Is that per bird or is it all of them? It is not a bad price per bird if they are good quality breeding stock. If for all of them that is cheap. At least that is my opinion for what I would pay for good quality stock.

Back
Top Bottom