Backyard Brahmas!!

So yesterday I nearly had a heart attack. I was bringing the littles out to put them in a pen in the run to start the integration process and was putting the last 2 in and out struts (what I think is the) Brahma rooster like he owns the place, my hands are full and he is standing unprotected smack in the center of the big hens.
barnie.gif
. The screaming that ensued was ridiculous even from the screamers point of view. They all were eyeing him and then looking at their flock mates like "Ali, are you gonna take him or am I?" He had no idea he was in the danger zone, he is all "yeah, I'm hanging with the older ladies today bro." Till I started screaming, they looked at me a little weird. Scooped him up and all was well. whew.

This little gold laced brahma is 11-12 weeks old. Im thinking cockerel, but wanted a second opinion. It doesn't have much of a tail yet, and is just starting to get feathers on the back. (has about 6-7 feathers partially in, with about 10 pin feathers) I know they are a slow growing breed though, and it was the only chick to hatch from the brahma eggs, only thing I have to compare it to that is the same age is a swedish flower hen, and they are completely different.

Speaking of crosses.. I kinda have the same question. I can't for the life of me use the genetics calculator thing.. Any ideas what a BCM over partridge brahma cross would look like? Pattern-wise? I have some hatching this week but just curious.

Back
Top Bottom