Backyard Brahmas!!

love.gif
That is one gorgeous bird.
:) thanks :) adore her....have to get a decent pic of duke :)

My hatchery boys (3 all from cackle) have all become aggressive. My EE roosters ( also from cackle) have great dispositions. I think its bloodlines and luck of the draw. Good quality lines of brahmas are generally bred for looks and temperment.

I went to a bird swap today to try and sell some of my overstock. I took along 3 Dark Brahma to bait people in to look at the others I had there.

I only managed to sell 2 darks. Nothing else sold. I wanted to sell the Partridge Rocks and BSL.
I already miss my big ladies.
When we were deciding who to take DH said he likes the buff and the light so they got to sit out on the trip. Cinders came back home with us and Sarah was still at home since I really like her.
So we have 2 Darks, Cinders and Sarah, one Buff, Sandy, and one light, I want to call Dakota but DH says that is a boys name.

Ideas for names for the light Brahma????
Jasmine maybe????

I believe had I found mine sooner she would've had a better outcome. Glad your boy is doing good!!
Probably would have helped. I found mine probably less than an hour after he started to overheat. He was laying down in the laying box and I had to actually lift him out through the door that I grab the eggs through. Definitely overheated. Sprayed him down every 15-30 minutes until he actually started to move a little. Set him right next to the water so that he could drink as much as he wanted. It scared the daylights out of me, he's the breeder for the darks this fall. I still thought I was going to lose him overnight though, he wasn't doing very well. Really surprised me when he was still alive the next morning.

I went to a bird swap today to try and sell some of my overstock. I took along 3 Dark Brahma to bait people in to look at the others I had there.

I only managed to sell 2 darks. Nothing else sold. I wanted to sell the Partridge Rocks and BSL.
I already miss my big ladies.
When we were deciding who to take DH said he likes the buff and the light so they got to sit out on the trip. Cinders came back home with us and Sarah was still at home since I really like her.
So we have 2 Darks, Cinders and Sarah, one Buff, Sandy, and one light, I want to call Dakota but DH says that is a boys name.

Ideas for names for the light Brahma????
Jasmine maybe????

I vote jasmine.... Because that's my name haha

WOW I did not know I was stealing your name. I think it is a lovely name. If you do not mind I think I will name her Jasmine. DH will probably call her Jazzy though lol.

He and I are polar opposites when it comes to what we like in chickens. I adore my dark and black hens while he thinks the white and buff ones are the prettiest.

I had a hatchery brahma rooster, that was supposed to be a sexed pullet. He was mean. He would fly at you with his spurs, we finally got rid of him after he ripped two of the hen's sides open by over breeding them, even when they had saddles on. His spurs were blunt and only half an inch long, but they would still get you through jeans, a good couple of kicks sent him away, I hated doing it, but I don't want to be spurred. His one male offspring was aggressive too. I don't believe that is the norm though, especially with good stock.

My rooster was a bantam from Murray McMurray hatchery,

My "for really" Buff Brahmas, otherwise known as "The Tinys because they are the youngest. Unusual to get all 8 of them sitting so still for a photo op! On the ground under them are a few of the Littles, the older chicks. A couple of Light Brahmas in that mix.
So cute all lined up there! :)

Back
Top Bottom