Backyard Brahmas!!

I only have this pic right now. Hope this will work or I'll upload some of her pictures with my roo by tomorrow .

Last edited:

This is my 7 months old buff brahma. Just bought it. I need to know if her height is normal for a 7 months old or is it short?

Are you sure she's 7 months old? From what I can see in the pic her comb and wattles don't look very developed. Mine will be 24 weeks this week and have much larger and darker combs and wattles. A couple of them have been laying for 2 weeks now.

Oh that's great. The person I've bought her from told me that she's 7 months old. Also that person had another female of same age but she was bigger than this female. And like you mentioned about the comv and wattes, her's was bigger than mine. So I'm just guessing 2 things a)maybe he doesn't know the exact age of the hen b) my female has got short height because of some calcium or.vitamins deficiency. (Just guessing)
Anyway, I couldn't get her pic with my roo so I've measured her height and its almost 15 inches. Is it fine?

This is my 7 months old buff brahma. Just bought it. I need to know if her height is normal for a 7 months old or is it short?

Are you sure she's 7 months old? From what I can see in the pic her comb and wattles don't look very developed. Mine will be 24 weeks this week and have much larger and darker combs and wattles. A couple of them have been laying for 2 weeks now.

Measured its height and its close to 15 inches

Could you get a pic of her next to something for size comparison? She may be a bantam. I have 6month old buff brahma bantams and they're as big as they're ever gonna get

Oh. Well I'm giving her some vitamins. Let's see what will happen in a month or two. Hope she.gets big

Back
Top Bottom