Backyard Brahmas!!

Do they get more talkative just before they start laying? I have 2 buff brahma pullets that were hatched May !0th. One of them is WAY louder than she used to be and her comb is getting redder lately too. She's always been a bit more chatty than the other. But I can hear her at the house now. lol

Ohyes. I remember when my Araucanas were getting close to laying - I thought there was a goose in the yard!

Thank you! I thought that might be what she was telling me. I guess we will be getting a first egg pretty soon then. She eats a lot more lately too. Not as picky as she used to be. They're spoiled
hmm.png

I am very new to BYC and very new to being a chicken mommy.So I was hoping if y'all could possibly help me figure out what my 4 chicks are.I recieved them as a early gift from my hubby and the container was only marked exotic breed and bantam and I have no idea what they are.I was hoping your expertise could help. I have been researching like crazy and have yet to find anything. I was told the could be Brahma's. TIA :)

Sorry for the picture quality they are very quick :) but they all have feathered legs and 4 toes if that helps.

I think they look like my Brahmas when I got them. Next time you take pictures maybe get a little closer on the feet. Mystery chicks are so fun! Everyone gets to post pictures on here as they grow and it makes a fun guessing game-- especially when you have one that makes you wonder "Uh oh, is it going to be a rooster?!" Keep us posted!!

I think they look like my Brahmas when I got them. Next time you take pictures maybe get a little closer on the feet. Mystery chicks are so fun! Everyone gets to post pictures on here as they grow and it makes a fun guessing game-- especially when you have one that makes you wonder "Uh oh, is it going to be a rooster?!" Keep us posted!!

I actually got a couple more pics of them and one little foot that if course come out kinda blurry

I have 18 Brahma pullets and they all got talkative and red combs right before they started laying. Mine were hatched May 1. I am getting at least six eggs a day, today I got 10, my girls are doing great.
Yep I bet she's about to start laying. I kinda figured that was what was going on, but never hurts to ask. Yours are very close to the same age as mine. I only have 2 though.

I actually got a couple more pics of them and one little foot that if course come out kinda blurry

If they have a single comb they are likely cochin. Pea comb means Brahma. The biggest thing is their color, they don't look to me like the common Brahma colors but its hard to tell by the fuzz what they will look like. All cuties though.

If they have a single comb they are likely cochin. Pea comb means Brahma. The biggest thing is their color, they don't look to me like the common Brahma colors but its hard to tell by the fuzz what they will look like. All cuties though.

Thank you so much for the info it is extremely helpful I have been researching to find what they exactly are but only time will tell I will keep posting more pics as they progress y'all have been extremely helpful

Back
Top Bottom