Backyard Brahmas!!

Marilyn Kossel...The name of her farm is Head in the Clouds Farm..she's on Facebook...I'd sell you some but I don't breed "normal" colors..lol Good luck! :)

Some of my Buff Laced hens... :)

Lavender cockbird...

Blue Partridge Brahma hen...

HI AM IN GHANA CAN I GET SOME FRESH EGGS OF YOUR BRAHMA CHICKENS TO BUY TO BE SHIPPED TO ME THROUGH DHL OR FEDEX??

Can someone post a picture of their dark brahma eggs? I've googled the color but keep getting lots of breed that aren't brahmas. I've also searched BYC without much luck. I'm in the lookout for brahma chicks and am curious if I'll be able to tell their eggs apart from my other girls once they start laying. Thanks!

Can someone post a picture of their dark brahma eggs? I've googled the color but keep getting lots of breed that aren't brahmas. I've also searched BYC without much luck. I'm in the lookout for brahma chicks and am curious if I'll be able to tell their eggs apart from my other girls once they start laying. Thanks!
They range in color from a light pink to a dark tan..or at least all of my Brahmas do. No pics, sorry.

I personally cannot tell the difference in my Brahma eggs from my.other brown egg layers.

Hello all, I've got a baby brahma in my brooder-my first! I've got a sturdy 2x4 roost in the coop, and also one out in the run to get the girls off the ground when they want to be. Here's my question: would a 2 foot high roost be too tall for a big brahma to hop onto?? I'm having trouble imagining what a 10 lb hen even looks like, much less how athletic she may be. Does anyone have pics of a brahma next to another standard breed for comparison?

Many thanks,
WashingtonWino

My roosts are 2 foot up and the three brahma here do fine. The only thing is they need lots of room to get down.

Now there is a bantam cochin in one of the pics with Cinders the Dark Brahma. Others in the pic include some Black Australorp and I think the Speckled Sussex is in there.

Edited to add...
The Brahma move a bit slower around the yard then the zippy Aussies but they certainly make the rounds. Super mellow is how I would describe mine.

Last edited:
Thanks 21hens! That's really helpful. I'm looking forward to when she grows up! Sounds like she'll be a great fit with the rest of my flock.

Back
Top Bottom