Backyard chicken owner in North Dakota

I am sure that some are fine. I know that they are very defensive and help hens to stay safe. I know I don't need three roosters for 19 hens though. These are the two Appenzeller Spitzhaubens or Sebrights. I can't find anything like them ona search. Their legs are grey and they look like they are plastic and their nails are yellow. They are very agile and will fly up and sit on anything. They don't like to be handled, but they are friendly enough. Peter Lorre is 10 weeks old tomorrow and has already been crowing away for a few weeks now and recently is trying to mate with my hens. He is a very early bloomer. He has a much bigger comb than Yul Brynner, but they were hatched a day apart.
My goodness, they are adorable! I have no idea what they are.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Are most of the hens in your flock bantams too?
No, I have a mixed flock. There are 5 bantams now, Easter Eggers, true Ameraucana, Salmon Faverolle, Brahmas, Marans. 2 Australorps and a Starlight Green Egger. I also hatched an egg from the Faverolle and my ex-rooster a Black Splash Ameraucana. Attached is little Greta Garbo sleeping on Humphrey. She is so cute and flaky like my Faverolle ( I still hope she is a she).

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom