Backyard Chicken People are Intelligent

KC101

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 9, 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have been on a few Blog sites, enjoyed reading their stories.
I Thought I would try and write something. The only feed back I got was how bad my grammar and spelling was. I know my writing is not my forte. Somewhere I read, “ Anybody can read something and criticizes about it’s spelling and grammar and miss the meaning of what the person is trying to say. But an intelligent person can over look this and grasp the point .” I Have really enjoyed being on Backyard Chickens, everyone has been real supportive of each other. People have shared some great ideas and their stories.
I would like to thank the people who have over looked my mistakes and left feed back of kind words. I know a lot of you out there have some really cool ideas and things to say, but are afraid to write about them, thinking someone will criticize you. Please send them in.
BACKYARD CHICKEN PEOPLE are INTELLIGENT !

I REALLY HATE READING A SENTENCE THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS or this in a paragraph that has no punctuation or capitals or all capitals it makes it very hard to read or when sum1 uses wut i call text talk u kno wut i mean

Any way, ^ posts like that are very difficult to read, but I do my best. Some of the posters on BYC are from other countries and don't speak much English. They rely on things like Google Translate, and that is what it is. Other posters may be younger or older folks who just write enough to get their point across. Then there are those like me, who BYC on their phone. Autocorrect is not my friend and sometimes things get crazy.

Not too mention English is probably the most difficult language to write, with our hear/here, there/their/they're, you're/your, ect. Then there's all the slang everyone uses now as well. AND some people just can't help themselves. My mom is that way. She once made spelling corrections on my grocery list and grammar corrections on a quick note I left her when i had to run out unexpectedly once :gig

All we can do is our best. If I can't understand a post enough to help someone out, I move along and hope someone else can. I'm sure there are mistakes in this post, don't judge me
1f609.png

The more secure I am with who I am... warts, dyslexia, bad typing , et al (I don't really have warts) the less up tight I am about other people's errors. The proper usage of a comma, apostrophe, or semi colon does not a decent person make.
Perhaps tearing up another person's self esteem for the sake of a comma might make a person less decent.

I look at it this way, I can not carry a tune or even tell you which note is above or below its neighbor on a scale. If these were singing message boards I'd be in such a bad way. But it would not make me a bad person. I am so very, very ,very ,very glad that BYC has spell check now. You really have no idea how relieved I am that someone invented spell check. At my age, If I haven't learned how to spell yet, It ain't (yup, AIN'T) going to happen.
wink.png

Welcome to BYC! enjoy it. It is so addicting. you will go through waves of guilt, depression and then acceptance and you will just quit fighting the fact that it will be the first and last thing you do each day. The sooner you accept it the better.
big_smile.png

You are one of us now.... Maw-Ha-Ha- ha, She says sinisterly (but not really).

Last edited:
Your grammar seems fine to me. This site is HUGE and you will get all kinds of people posting and some can't seem to help correcting grammar. Don't worry too much about it.

I think my grammar is alright, but I am a terrible typist. I too have been at other sites where people are critical of punctuation, spelling, etc. Really stupid because there are lots of really smart folks who simply are not very good at writing. Doesn't mean they don't have some good ideas, or wisdom to give.

Anyway, I'm new here too.
frow.gif

People like to tear others down to make themselves feel better. It is a reflection upon their character and not yours. I'm sympathetic to users that make grammatical errors and typos--I do it. But others may have health issues preventing from perfect written form, so I think people need to just chill out! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I do and continue to write your blog!!
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Sometimes I get frustrated if someone uses REALLY terrible sentence structure or grammar and it makes it difficult to read the actual post. Usually, I just go to the next post unless the person really seems to need help and then I try to get them to re-state things more clearly. I realize some people are just not good spellers, or writers, or whatever and so I try not to judge! It's not like you are writing an essay or anything! LOL

I'm glad you like the site! It's been very helpful to me for many years!

Sometimes I get frustrated if someone uses REALLY terrible sentence structure or grammar and it makes it difficult to read the actual post. Usually, I just go to the next post unless the person really seems to need help and then I try to get them to re-state things more clearly. I realize some people are just not good spellers, or writers, or whatever and so I try not to judge! It's not like you are writing an essay or anything! LOL

I'm glad you like the site! It's been very helpful to me for many years!
I am with you. If I can't understand what someone is trying to say I will move on. That is the thing when communicating online, you must make your meaning clear when there are no other cues. Proofreading is always a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom