Backyard Duck Pond

eliz_anne

In the Brooder
May 1, 2020
I’m hoping someone can help me! I’m looking to change from my kiddie pool to an in ground pond for my ducks. We would like to have a slope on the side to allow the ducks to walk easily in and out of the pond without stairs since one of my ducks has difficulty walking. Another reason is I am constantly changing the water and would rather filter the water somehow and not need to use as much. I have read about using a pond liner/ tarp. Has anyone done this before? We would like this to be the most cost effective and not spend an arm and a leg on this project. I have seen various filters and pumps but they all seem quite expensive.

I seem to remember seeing some article that might help in the learning center.

I hope you find help!

I didn't use a pond liner. We bought a plastic trough from Tractor Supply. It is slightly on an angle so the drain is lower than the rest. I added a bio filtered water pump and added to more filters to the waterfall which sits on the high end. The pump I am using is enough to circulate the water completely every 15 minutes. So far it has remained clean. There is some muck remaining around the base of the pump in the mornings, but I just stir it up with a stick to help get it through the filters.

Back
Top Bottom