BackYard Farming in FL

Stubbs-Farm

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Hi All,

We're new to BYC and wanted to say what a helpful and insightful website this is. As my husband and I were preparing our backyard farm and garden we've been able to gather really good information as well as helpful tips. Though we are not new to farming, BYC really helped in giving us a fresh perspective on a few things that helped things to go a bit more smooth. So thanks to ALL for your great advice!

A little about us...We moved to FL last year (June) from Eagle Mountain, UT, that's just across Utah lake from the Orem/Provo are where BYU (Brigham Young University) is located. We had been talking about starting a farm, but never got around to doing it. I previously lived in Manti, UT where farming was great! I'd get up every morning at 5:00 A.M. and help out my Bishop who had a cattle ranch and lots of chickens!That was such a great experience. When I moved I missed the cows, chickens, the work and the experience so much that I made it my goal to start my own farm someday and someday came! Ok, so I don't have cows, but I do have plenty of chickens and veggie/fruit gardens to keep my just as busy. I've always had that pioneer spirit about me and have never shyed away from hard work. I also got pretty tired of paying lots of money for eggs, poultry, fruits/vegetables, heck even butter. So now I grow my own and know exactly what is going into what I eat. GMO food is not healthy for our bodies and neither are the added hormones and such in our meat. We've gone completely organic to include heirloom seeds.
My hopes are that I can connect and even make friends that will continue to help us in our endeavours and possibly help others in theirs!
So again, thanks you guys and gals for all of your help thus far! Hope to be hearing back from you soon.

Lesley Stubbs
Pasco County, FL

Welcome to BYC! It really is a great place and is jam packed with great information and friendly helpful people.

Greetings from Kansas, Lesley, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our flock! You sound like you are made for the country lifestyle! Good luck and enjoy!

How Fun! I live in florida too!! (lakeland) Just moved here 2 months ago from MI!! I have horses, dogs, fish and now chickens. I'm learning all about the chicken life!!

Back
Top Bottom