backyard pond

I would not be concerned. I do not know of algae to be toxic. Ducks swim in all sort of waters, and ponds, and am sure they consumed some algae in their time. They do not seem to be dropping.
Generally speaking,,, your chickens naturally know what NOT TO EAT.
When my chickens free-range in my backyard, they do avoid things like my tomato plant leaves. I also do have Deadly Nightshade growing thru my fence from neighbors back yard. My chickens never showed interest in eating that ether. There are a few other plants on my grounds like Yew, and Holly, that are toxic. Never seen any of my hens show appetite/interest for any of those ether. They do go under these for shade, and other activities as well (hide from aerial raptors)
I think the most likely consumption of toxic plants occurs when conditions are as follow. Chickens are in a small, barren run, and a toxic plant is the only thing that creeps into fenced run area, thru the openings in enclosure.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

I would not be concerned. I do not know of algae to be toxic. Ducks swim in all sort of waters, and ponds, and am sure they consumed some algae in their time. They do not seem to be dropping.
Generally speaking,,, your chickens naturally know what NOT TO EAT.
When my chickens free-range in my backyard, they do avoid things like my tomato plant leaves. I also do have Deadly Nightshade growing thru my fence from neighbors back yard. My chickens never showed interest in eating that ether. There are a few other plants on my grounds like Yew, and Holly, that are toxic. Never seen any of my hens show appetite/interest for any of those ether. They do go under these for shade, and other activities as well (hide from aerial raptors)
I think the most likely consumption of toxic plants occurs when conditions are as follow. Chickens are in a small, barren run, and a toxic plant is the only thing that creeps into fenced run area, thru the openings in enclosure.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom