Bacteria in eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PippyChicken, Jun 26, 2010.

1. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    We recently candled a broodies eggs and they have white spot all over them! Everywhere too! It was on most of the eggs we candled.. What could it be from? I thought poop but i dont know [​IMG]

2. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    There was a thread on here the other day about a lady that bought some eggs and had them shipped to her and when she got them they were covered in mildew. Could that be it? I hope some one else chimes in to help you.

3. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Did it look like this: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/230_a_porous_egg.jpg

Because
    if it looked like that, it is not bacteria. Eggs that look like that are very porous, and will most likely not develop properly (or at all in most cases). If you got these eggs from your own stock, you may want to consider changing your hens' diets, as this is often an indication of improper nutrition for laying.

4. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    sonjab314-It's coming from inside the eggs not the outside but can mildew get on the inside?

Kedreeva-Yeah that kinda looks like it. They are from our own stock so I will tell my Dad.

5. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by