Bactricillian

Doc1960

Chirping
Mar 12, 2022
I have a Rooster That is having a respiratory issue! He is Completely separated from the rest of my chickens. I need to give him some antibiotics. I already have some Bactricillian. Can I give him that for respiratory issues? I hear people talk about tylon And other items that I can pick up when I go into town but I do have back Bactricillian now! If I can use it does anyone know the dosage. Thanks in advance

Can you describe the respiratory "issue"? Is it disease like Mycoplasma or?

If dealing with disease like MG, then Bactricillin would not be effective since MG has no cell wall. Most do not use Penicillin for respiratory disease, they use Tylan/Tylosin, Tetracyclines, Tiamulin or Enrofloxacin.

https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/ps044

Can you describe the respiratory "issue"? Is it disease like Mycoplasma or?

If dealing with disease like MG, then Bactricillin would not be effective since MG has no cell wall. Most do not use Penicillin for respiratory disease, they use Tylan/Tylosin, Tetracyclines, Tiamulin or Enrofloxacin.

https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/ps044
He doesn’t have any rattle etc! He just has a snot bubble on his nose! Not thick but just a thin clear bubble! Guess ill just try and find Tylon tomorrow! Local feed stores and tractor supply was out ir didnt sell!

From a course on Poultry Health I took recently:
"one of the key reservoirs of AMR (antimicrobial resistance) is the commensal E. coli found in the gut of all animals and which are exposed to antibiotics however they are administered to the animal and for whatever disease. These AMR bacteria have been shown to transfer to man and cause infections.

AMR has now reached such epidemic proportions that it is estimated that thousands of people die every year from untreatable infections. Medication should thus be considered very seriously and the value of the animal either in economic or emotional terms must be weighed against these larger concerns. "

Please don't use random antibiotics when you don't even know what is causing your bird's ill health. 6 kids have died here recently from untreatable Strep A infections.

From a course on Poultry Health I took recently:
"one of the key reservoirs of AMR (antimicrobial resistance) is the commensal E. coli found in the gut of all animals and which are exposed to antibiotics however they are administered to the animal and for whatever disease. These AMR bacteria have been shown to transfer to man and cause infections.

AMR has now reached such epidemic proportions that it is estimated that thousands of people die every year from untreatable infections. Medication should thus be considered very seriously and the value of the animal either in economic or emotional terms must be weighed against these larger concerns. "

Please don't use random antibiotics when you don't even know what is causing your bird's ill health. 6 kids have died here recently from untreatable Strep A infections.
Sorry im just now seeing this. All is good and under control

Back
Top Bottom