Bad Attack! pictures. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Gelo75, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Gelo75

Gelo75 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2013
    California
    In the morning, I went to check on my quail and found my quail girl badly injured. I took it in and my mom sprayed on antibiotic. The quail seems to be blind and when she breathes, it seems like she has a snotty nose. She travels from corner to corner, and she cant open her mouth and cant eat. CAN I SAVE HER?! IS THERE ANY CHANCE SHE WILL LIVE?! I will get more pics if needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    PM a lady named leyla, her user is TwoCrows, She has alot of info on quail, what specie was yours, the pic didnt come through on my computer

3. Gelo75

May 1, 2013
    California
    My breed is catournix or Japanese quail.

4. WaterfowlWierdo

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Was it another quail that did it? I just had two coturnix get into a fight and the bigger one scalped the smaller and so far heis pulling through

5. Gelo75

May 1, 2013
    California
    I thought that but my brother doesnt think so. My coop (guess=3-4X2-3 ft) has blood on the roof, floor and bars are full of feathers. The 2 quail are the same size and the other one isnt hurt except for a dried blood stain.

6. Gelo75

May 1, 2013
    California
    [​IMG]

7. Gelo75

May 1, 2013
    California
    My mom really thinks its trachea is broken or something.

8. WaterfowlWierdo

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    I wouldnt be surprised if it was another coturnix, my injury looks extremely similar except for no throat damage. I have a lot of blood on the cage now too. Apply neosporin without pain relief(its harmful) That is what Twocrows suggested to me and so far I am on day 3 of the injury and he is doing fine, just dont loose hope and keep treating

9. WaterfowlWierdo

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    and if the other isnt hurt I am leaning more towards the other quail did the damage, the mean one I had got along with no one so now he is in the freezer (he was a jumbo meat type anyway)

10. Gelo75

May 1, 2013
    California
    Thanks but she died yesterday.[​IMG] Thanks for your time to read and help.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by