Bad chicken Mommy :(

hispoptart

Free Ranging
12 Years
Apr 14, 2011
NW Colorado
So I got home from work today and let my girls out of the run for some free time, I usually sit outside with them, but today I was busy with getting ready for my daughters baby shower and my husbands birthday. Well they always put themselves to bed at night so I went out to close the coop up and the door had blown shut. It was dark out and I panicked at first until I passed the top of the coop with the flashlight. There they were huddled together like "Hey what the heck!"
rant.gif
I picked them up one by one and put them in the coop, my poor babies looked so confused
idunno.gif
I feel so bad
sad.png
sad.png

Chickens don't hold grudges if you give them something to eat. Mine will sell their souls for scratch. I will admit to being a bad chicken mommy too. It can be worse if I forget the birds are out, and I let the dogs out also.

Of course you can always joins us on the Forgetfulness thread. I am one of the charter members.

Thanks everyone, that does make me feel better.....but now I was trying to make Hubby a t-shirt for his b-day and I messed that all up...Crap!!! If not one thing it's another
barnie.gif

I'm so relieved to find out forgetfulness is so common there's a thread for it! We've had chickens since May and I've learned two things, they don't say thank you but they also don't say I hate you!

Quote:
LOL I'm not sure about that, they weren't looking very happy with me.

Yep, I'm sure if it was light outside, you would have been subjected to the dreaded "STINK EYE"!

done that before. mine huddle on top of the nesting boxes. i normally put mine up at dusk but last night we didnt get back from dinner until 10pm. when i closed the doors i heard something scurry around. i had a OPOSSUM in my house. good thing i had already gathered the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom