Bad chickens! =(

Quote:
My personal experience says it is not an accident. I have some "psycho ee's" that decided to live in a pine tree this summer. Early on they learned that if they could fly into my head I would drop the bucket of feed before making it into the coop where the other birds could have it. Those birds waited up on the highest branches of that tree every morning so they could make the hundred yard dive bomb. Whoever thinks chickens can't fly has never had my morning view. lol.

Quote:
Bad chickies , do we ever eat their layer crumbles? noo those little stinkers have no manners
tongue.gif

lol.png
Chickens are evil aren't they? The big girls let out blood curdeling screams when I pick them up (even though they were raised by hand after the first month) but they have no problem taking my food. I was just asking on another post about chicken behaivior because Joesiphine will let out this horrible, loud "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" with her mouth wide open if I don't feed her quickly enough
lau.gif
It is really frightning, I am afraid what she might do if I refused to feed her!
hide.gif

The worst thing is when they steal some of your food, and then decide they don't want it anymore...

I was sat in the garden with a bowl of cocopops, and Milly my LS flew onto my lap and helped herself to a couple of mouthfuls of my cereal. Then, deciding it wasn't that nice after all, she shook her head (spattering me with milk) and then flew back down to join the others...thanks Milly!
roll.png

Quote:
lau.gif
Chickens really don't have any manners do they!?
lau.gif

I can just picture that
lol.png

Actually I was eating Jello once and they were making such a big deal about it, so I gave them some. They kept coming back for more and coming back for more until half of it was gone. Then I looked down at the ground and they had spit out every piece
rant.gif
Don't ask me why they kept asking for more
idunno.gif

I never go into my coop with food I'm eating because my girls will attack me LOL - however... walk into the coop wearing a shirt with BUTTONS!
roll.png

you get attacked from every single angle .. peck peck peck! OMG... Its like trying to fend off a shark!
lau.gif

what is it about buttons that they like? I mean.. I'm COLD here chickies... get off my buttons! And shoelaces?! Forget it!
gig.gif
They untie my shoes all the time and I'm tripping over the laces and eventually - a bird - and then I end up going..

"Oh sorry honey..did I hurt you?"
roll.png

Yeah... they're a riot alright... little stinkers!
D.gif

lau.gif
I know, I will pick up a baby and it will peck at my button over and over. I ask it "Why do you keep trying to eat my button? It is cleary not edible!" But that's why we love them so much, they are not that bright
smile.png
I always put on my rain boots when going into the coupe, so they don't peck at laces, but when I walk in all the babies will run up to me and start eating my shoes! My mom's too. They have a giant tub of feed and treats, but our shoes must be tastier
idunno.gif

open the door and in walk the chickens, 2 of the friendly ones come in, one runs for the counter, the other one up the stairs to the girls closet, where it promptly settles in for a nap.

They make my hubby crazy.

oh geez you think you got it bad with food and buttons...
what about my lip rings?
"ohhh shiny, I WANT IT" (peck,peck,peck)
ugh... its sooo painful..
and yes i do kiss my chickens so my face is always too close to them
smile.png

I guess it's worth it... for the LOVE

Back
Top Bottom