Bad Dog!!!

kwynn's birds Alaska

Songster
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
Kenai, Alaska
I'm so sad. I'm reading about and seeing everyone's little chicki-poos, and i wanted my own...
I 14 eggs on March 4, then I set 13 more on the 12th. The day I did the final candling to stop turning on Sunday. then we went to my nephew's 2nd birthday party. we were only gone for few hours. Now, none of my dogs have ever messed with my incubator. When we got home, my alarm for turning eggs was going off. I went to the back room and found my big fat hound dog among massive eggshells, scattered across the floor! No, she wasn't hungry...there was food in both of their food dishes. The lid was off, and the thermometer was reading at 65.
ep.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif
. I covered the bator back up, hoping for maybe a save, but nope. the first batch didn't make it. It's day 22. should I wait another day or two, what do i do

somad.gif
Bad bad dog

I had been saving eggs, so I collected all I could, and set 22 on the 22nd. maybe that's a lucky#

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

So sorry. I hope some of the second batch can be saved. I would wait a couple more days. I have read that they will be slower to hatch if they cool down(?) So I would give them a little time (but I'm an optimist
smile.png
)

I've heard of them taking as long as 25 days due to slow developement...don't be quick to give up because you never know what you might lose by giving up to early.

Back
Top Bottom