Bad Eggbid Experience - Resolution??

chickenlady

Songster
12 Years
Aug 28, 2007
Stillwater, NJ
Recently I purchased a pair of birds on Eggbid. It was listed as a 'SUPER' pair. Well, when all was said and done, I got 1 crippled rooster and a hen that only had maybe 1 feather on her entire body that was not broken. These were purchased to show and obviously that isnt going to happen. What does one do in a case like this? The person was in contact with me early on telling me he was aware that the wrong birds were sent and he still had the birds I won. However, nothing has been done to correct this and after a month or so, I am not sure anything will be done. He does not answer my emails anymore. Any advice??

Last edited:
If he knows that he goofed, then he should make it right...seems to me if he's not contacting you, you've been defrauded...I'd call eggbid and see what they say.
Make sure that you have kept any emails between the two of you, pics of the birds you got and pics of the birds you were supposed to have gotten.
then you can get the feds and the PO involved...

If you paid with Paypal, definately get them involved. If you paid with a credit card, they can take your money back.

If you sent a check or m.o. then you can only leave negative feedback.

I saw someone sell two EE's last month for alot of money and said they were show quality.......

Sorry this happened to you.

I agree with the others, I would not let this go without contacting everyone you can. Good Luck. I hope this works our for you. That seller should be ashamed of himself.
rant.gif

Contact eggbid to let them know and leave negative feedback. Try to get ahold of his number if you can find a way. You might be able to find it since you have his address since he shipped to you, it should be on the box. He most definitely must take the birds you got back and send you your rightful birds. He's probably not replying because if he does that it means paying for two shippings (the wrong birds back to him and your rightful birds to you) out of his own pocket and doesn't want to. I'm trying to remember, but I think that I had to give my phone number when I signed up for eggbid, so maybe they'll be able to give it to you if you plead your case.

As for claiming they are show quality, many people on eggbid add those two little words to make people look at their auctions, but unless you see a couple pictures of the actual birds you are bidding on it's more than sketchy to bid on birds.

Last edited:
Thank you for your replys. I will try to contact eggbid tomorrow. I have his address already, I will check if I have his phone number. He did post pics of the birds and said those were the birds I would be getting. Just when I got them, it was very clear they were the wrong birds. He told me he was out of town and he had someone ship them to me and the guy working for him just shipped the wrong ones. I guess I will see what happens. Thanks again.

If he e-mailed you to that effect, then forward that e-mail to eggbid, they may ban him as a member if he does not make this right.

Try googling this person's name and the city and state he lives in. I have found plenty a phone number doing that.

Back
Top Bottom